Stay up to date
Attention, Arks! If you plan to participate in the 1st Anniversary Twitter Fan Art Contest, please review this contest's Official Rules included in this page.
Phantasy Star Online 2 - 1st Anniversary Twitter Fan Art Contest
To visit this contest's page, click here
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN THE COUNTRY/IES (A) IN WHICH PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 VIDEO GAME (“GAME” OR “PSO2”) IS NOT LEGALLY AVAILABLE, (B) CURRENTLY UNDER SANCTION BY OFAC (AS DEFINED BELOW), AND (C) WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for the Phantasy Star Online 2 - 1st Anniversary Twitter Fan Art Contest (“Contest”), as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the countries in which the Game is legally available, (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in their country and be at least eighteen (18) years old, and (iii) have a valid Twitter.com account and Internet access. Participants must not be legally resident any countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Central African Republic, Crimea, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia (the former regime of Charles Taylor), Lebanon, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Please note that the list of sanctions countries can change at any time – the most up-to-date list is located at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/sanctions-programs-and-country-information.
Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor (defined below) and its partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void outside the above-mentioned countries, and where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer or company’s policies and procedures.
2. Sponsor: SEGA Corporation, Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower, 1-1-1 Nishi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0033, Japan (“Sponsor” or “SEGA”).
3. Timing: The Contest starts at 7:00PM PDT on April 21, 2021 (11:00AM JST on April 22) and all entries must be received no later than 11:00PM PDT on May 26, 2021 (3:00PM JST on May 27) (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. How To Enter: During the Contest Period, an eligible person must do the following to enter:
Artwork must adhere to the following requirements:
NOTE: Multiple entries per person are allowed, however, it will not increase chances of winning. Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible. Entries must also comply with the “Additional Entry Requirements” described below. Entrants must ensure that their privacy settings allow interaction with the Sponsor. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned the Twitter account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries will not be returned.
If you do not have a Twitter account, create your free account at http://www.twitter.com. Message, data rates or other charges may apply if you are participating via the use of a smart mobile device; check your mobile plan for rates and details. Participation may not be available on all carriers. You must adhere to any rules and policies of Twitter when using your Twitter Account and entering the Contest. Please see https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules. Twitter may take action against any entrants that violate its policies. Sponsor takes no responsibility for the actions of Twitter, the Twitter site or the Twitter Account used by participants.
5. Additional Entry Requirements: Ineligible entries include entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules, including the Warranty section below, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contain racial slurs, or contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or are not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Artwork may not contain an advertisement or solicitation not affiliated with the Sponsor, or otherwise be used to promote any products or services of any third-party. Entries must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
6. Winner Selection & Notification: Eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of the PSO2 Development Team. The panel will select ten (10) potential winners from among all Eligible Entries received based on the highest overall scores. Eligible Entries will be judged for inclusion in the Game (which is created or produced by or on behalf Sponsor) according to the following criteria, weighted equally: [a] originality, [b] quality of design, [c] creativity, and [d] execution. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the area of “creativity.”
On or about June 9, 2021, the potential winners will first be notified using a private message via Twitter. To claim the prize, the potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor’s notification within seven (7) days after transmission of the aforementioned message and provide, as requested by Sponsor, his/her full name, email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, and any other information as instructed by Sponsor to receive prizes (including but not limited to Game account username details). Potential winners who are residents of Canada may be required to correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone. The potential winner must respond within the time mentioned above or as otherwise provided in Sponsor’s post or Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner, if time permits. If Sponsor requests an email address and attempts to contact a potential winner via email, then such potential winner must respond to such email, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the email or such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, if time permits. In addition, the potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability re-lease and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [a] a potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification within seven (7) days after its transmission; [b] the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s account prior to receipt of notification; [c] potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency; [d] potential winner’s failure to complete and return any required documents by the date specified in winner’s notification; and [e] any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
NOTE: Potential winner is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Unless stated otherwise in the prize notification, prizes will be fulfilled within six (6) month following the end of the Contest Period.
7. Prizes: Ten (10) prize winners will have their Artwork (or a portion thereof) featured in the Game as decoration in personal quarters to be distributed to users of the Game as ‘furnishing’. Each prize winner will also be awarded two hundred (200) ‘StarGems’ and an ‘Appreciation Medal: Gold’ with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Nine U.S. Dollars and Ninety Eight Cents ($9.98). Aggregate ARV: Ninety-Nine U.S. Dollars and Eighty Cents ($99.80). Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. To redeem the ‘StarGems’ and/or ‘Appreciation Medal: Gold,’ winners must have a PSO2 account or otherwise create an account via https://pso2.com/. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by any winner. The prize winner must look to the prize manufacturer for warranty issues (as applicable); Sponsor is not liable for performance of the prize. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from this Contest are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images.
NOTE: Any prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. While each winner will have some amount of his/her Artwork featured in the Game as described above, Sponsor makes no other guarantee or representation regarding the manner in which any winner’s Artwork will be incorporated into the Game, including, but not limited to, (1) the specific portion(s) of the winning videos that will be selected for inclusion in the Game, (2) the amount of any winner’s Artwork that will be featured in the Game, (3) the prominence with which any winner’s Artwork will be displayed in the Game, and (4) the media channels, or other contexts through which the Game will be made available, all of which will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor does not guarantee that the Artwork of the various winners will be treated equally in terms of amount or prominence in the Game.
8. No Obligation To Use: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any entry, or to include any Submission in its Game, to otherwise exploit any entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and participants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
11. Release: By entering and by receipt of any prize, winner agrees to indemnify, defend, release, not to sue, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, penalties and expenses, or causes of action, of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, theft, damage to or loss of property, or any other harm arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with his/her participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity; any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor; the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the entrant’s name, address [city and state], biographical information, statements, voice, photograph and/or other likeness); any malfunction or other problem with any Contest website or webpage; any error in the collection or retention of entry information; and any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; or acceptance, possession, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
12. General Conditions: By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor herein and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Contest, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and to select the winner from those Eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. Limitations Of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest -related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, these Official Rules, or any prize awarded shall be submitted to the court in Tokyo, Japan under its rules then in effect in Japan, without resort to any form of class action, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Japan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Japan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Japan.
15. Winners List & Rules: The winners will be announced publicly on Twitter after winner confirmation is complete. You may also view the Official Rules at https://pso2.com/news/announcements/firstannivfanart.
© 2021 SEGA. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Don’t worry Arks, it’s not that long of a walk along the ROAD TO NEW GENESIS! You’ll have your fellow Arks and these campaigns to keep you company starting on May 12th!
More visitors, but not fortunately they’re not Photoners. Be sure to welcome Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online when they visit on May 12th for the Sword Art Online Collaboration Event!
Strike it rich in the Casino by playing on a day with Boosted games and maximize your fun with free Casino Coin Passes! Check out this article for more information!