Stay up to date
Attention, Arks! If you plan to participate in the PSO2 Merch Giveaway, please review this giveaway's Official Rules included in this page.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Merch Giveaway Sweepstakes
To visit this contest's page, click here
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE IN THE COUNTRIES (a) IN WHICH PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 (“gaME” OR “PSO2”) IS NOT AVAILABLE, (B) CURRENTLY UNDER SANCTION BY OFAC (AS DEFINED BELOW), (C) AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible for the Phantasy Star Online 2 Merch Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the countries in which PSO2 is legally available, (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in their country and be at least eighteen (18) years old, and (iii) have a valid Twitter.com account and Internet access. Participants must not be legally resident any countries currently under sanction by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to include: Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Central African Republic, Crimea, Cuba, DR of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia (the former regime of Charles Taylor), Lebanon, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Please note that the list of sanctions countries can change at any time – the most up-to-date list is located at https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/sanctions-programs-and-country-information.
Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor (defined below) and its partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sweepstakes is void outside the above-mentioned countries, and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer or company’s policies and procedures.
2. Sponsor: SEGA Corporation., Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower, 1-1-1 Nishi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0033, Japan (“Sponsor” or “SEGA”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes starts at 5:00PM PDT on April 14, 2021 (9:00AM JST on April 15, 2021) and all entries must be received no later than 5:00PM PDT on April 28, 2021 (9:00AM JST on April 29, 2021) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Campaign. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. How To Enter: During the SweepstakesPeriod, an eligible person must do the following to enter:
If you do not have a Twitter account, create your free account at http://www.twitter.com. Message, data rates or other charges may apply if you are participating via the use of a smart mobile device; check your mobile plan for rates and details. Participation may not be available on all carriers. You must adhere to any rules and policies of Twitter when using your Twitter Account and entering the Sweepstakes. Please see https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules. Twitter may take action against any entrants that violate its policies. Sponsor takes no responsibility for the actions of Twitter, the Twitter site or the Twitter Account used by participants.
NOTE: Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Entries must also comply with the “Entry Requirements” described below. Entrants must ensure that their privacy settings allow interaction with the Sponsor. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned the Twitter account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries.” Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Entry Requirements: Responses will not be evaluated for correctness. Ineligible entries include entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules, including the Warranty section below, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contain racial slurs, or contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or are not within the spirit of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion (“Entry Requirements”).
6. Winner Selection & Notification: Twenty-one (21) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries on or about May 5, 2021. Sponsor or its designee will conduct a random drawing within approximately seven (7) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period to select twenty-one (21) potential winner from among all Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Following the drawing, the potential winners will first be notified using a private message via Twitter and to claim the prize, must subsequently respond to Sponsor’s notification within seven (7) days after transmission of the aforementioned message and provide his/her full name (and Twitter handle), email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, Game ID, and any other information as instructed by Sponsor. Potential winners who are residents of Canada may be required to correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone. The potential winners must respond within the time the time mentioned above or Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner via a random drawing, if time permits. If Sponsor requests an email address and attempts to contact a potential winner via email, then such potential winner must respond to such email, and provide all requested information, within the time specified in the email or such person may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected via a random drawing, if time permits. In addition, the potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability re-lease and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Official Rules, will be enforced.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [a] a potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification within seven (7) days after its transmission; [b] the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s account prior to receipt of notification; [c] potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency; [d] potential winner’s failure to complete and return any required documents by the date specified in winner’s notification; and [e] any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
NOTE: Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Unless stated otherwise in the prize notification, prizes will be fulfilled within eight (8) weeks following the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
7. Prizes: Twenty-one (21) prizes consisting of various PSO2-related merchandise items will be awarded. Seven (7) prizes from each Column A, Column B, and Column C shall be awarded (as seen below).
Prize A (For seven winners)
Prize B (For seven winners)
Prize C (For seven winners)
8. Intellectual Property Rights
Warranty. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant warrants and represents that the content submitted by entrant is his/her own original work created by entrant, has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award, that entrant owns or otherwise controls all of the rights to the content submitted by entrant and that the content submitted by entrant does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity and/or privacy. Please understand that submitting any content that is copyrighted by another individual, or otherwise subject to the rights of another individual, will make entrant responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against entrant or in relation to the content.
License. By submitting an entry into the Sweepstakes, entrant grants to the Sponsor the right, without limitation, to display the submitted content online and in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Further, entrant agrees to grant to the Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to entrant.
10. Release: By entering and by receipt of any prize, winner agrees to indemnify, defend, release, not to sue, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, demands, penalties and expenses, or causes of action, of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now have, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, theft, damage to or loss of property, or any other harm arising out of or related to any statement, action or failure to act by entrant during or in connection with his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity; any breach or alleged breach of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor; the use of any of the rights granted herein (including, without limitation, the use and exploitation of the entrant’s name/Twitter handle, address [city and state], biographical information, statements, voice, photograph and/or other likeness); any malfunction or other problem with any Sweepstakes website or webpage; any error in the collection or retention of entry information; and any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; or acceptance, possession, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.
11. General Conditions: By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and any other documents required by Sponsor herein and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Sweepstakes, the Official Rules or any other documents required by Sponsor herein. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign and to select the winner from those Eligible Entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Official Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. Limitations Of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes -related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, these Official Rules, or any prize awarded shall be submitted to the court in Tokyo, Japan without resort to any form of class action any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Japan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Japan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Japan.
14. Winners List & Rules: The winners will be announced on Twitter after winner confirmation is complete and prizes are awarded. You may also view the Official Rules at https:// pso2.com/news/announcements/merchgiveaway0414.
© 2021 SEGA. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.
Attention ARKS! We are currently updating the game launcher.
The remaining effect time of Boost items in PSO2:NGS will reduce from the time it’s used as intended function.
We would like to inform you about the play status and some of the survey results from the Closed Beta Test.